Are among other things contained in cherries, eggplant, blueberries and red cabbage
- Plants produce anthocyanins in order to protect itself from damage caused by UV radiation.
InfoAnthocyanins are some very intense colors, which make the shells of many fruits shine for example, in red, blue and purple.
Are among other things contained in carrots, tomatoes and peppers
- A large group of phytochemicals, which include beta-carotene (a precursor of vitamin A), lycopene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
- They are from the plant to protect against oxidative stress (ie damage caused by free radicals) are formed.
InfoA total of over 800 different carotenoids are known. Only plants, fungi and bacteria may form carotenoids.
Among other things it's contained in citrus fruits
- Bioflavonoids are from the plant to protect against oxidative stress (ie damage caused by free radicals) are formed.
InfoCitrus bioflavonoids are mostly found in the white Trennh�utchen of citrus fruits and have a bitter taste.
Among other things it's contained in kale and spinach
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are the main phytochemicals to the eye.
- You are a natural part of the macula, and responsible for their yellow color.
InfoLutein belongs to the carotenoid group. Plants make it to protect, for example, from damage caused by UV radiation.
Are among other things it's contained in soy and flaxseed
- Phytoestrogens are similar in structure to endogenous estrogens and act on the hormonal balance
InfoAsian women eat about 50 times more soy than Europeans. Scientists believe that this contributes to Asians suffer much less from menopausal symptoms.
Phytosterols and Stanols
Found in margarine and sunflower seeds
- contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels in
Are among other things contained in grapes and cocoa
- Polyphenols from the plant including measures to protect against oxidative stress (ie damage caused by free radicals) are formed.
- Some polyphenols protect the photosynthetic apparatus of the plants from excessive UV radiation.
InfoMany plants turning your flowers with polyphenols brightly colored to attract pollinating insects. Other polyphenols have a bitter taste and protect the plants from predators.
Among other things it's contained in corn
- The macula (the yellow spot) in the eye is rich in zeaxanthin.